Sustainable Development Goals – SDGs (English)
Re-Teck Co., Ltd implementing 9 of 17 from The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 2015 as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Our goals are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity. The SDGs are meant to be achieved by 2030 and are integrated and indivisible, meaning that progress towards one goal should support progress towards all the others.
Our 9 SDGs are 1: No Poverty, 3: Good Health and Well-being, 4: Quality Education, 7: Affordable and Clean Energy, 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth, 12: Responsible Consumption and Production, 13: Climate Action, 15: Life On Land, 17: Partnerships for the Goals.
Activity 1: Eco-Drive
Our Eco-Drive refers to the practice of driving a truck in a way that maximizes fuel efficiency and reduces emissions. This approach involves making changes to the way that the driver operates the vehicle, as well as making modifications to the truck itself.
Some strategies for eco-driving a truck include:
- Maintaining a steady speed: Rapid acceleration and heavy braking can decrease fuel efficiency. By maintaining a steady speed, drivers can reduce fuel consumption and emissions.
- Reducing idle time: Idling a truck for long periods of time wastes fuel and emits unnecessary emissions. By turning off the engine when the truck is not in use, drivers can reduce their environmental impact.
- Minimizing air resistance: Aerodynamic drag can increase fuel consumption. Trucks can be modified with aerodynamic features, such as side skirts and boat tails, to reduce air resistance.
- Monitoring tire pressure: Underinflated tires can decrease fuel efficiency. By regularly checking tire pressure, drivers can ensure that their truck is running at optimal efficiency.
- Using cruise control: Cruise control can help drivers maintain a steady speed and reduce fuel consumption.
By incorporating these eco-driving strategies into their operations, truck drivers and logistics companies can reduce their environmental impact, save money on fuel costs, and promote sustainability.
Activity 2: Eco-Cap & Donate Program
Our Eco-Cap program refers to the process of collecting and reusing or recycling bottle caps in all of our location (both offices and facilities), which are commonly made of plastic. Recycling bottle caps is important for several reasons:
- Environmental impact: Bottle caps are small but can accumulate in large quantities in landfills or oceans, leading to environmental pollution. Recycling bottle caps reduces the amount of waste in landfills and can prevent marine wildlife from ingesting or getting entangled in plastic caps.
- Resource conservation: Recycling bottle caps conserves resources by reducing the need for new materials to be extracted and processed. This reduces energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions associated with producing new materials.
- Economic benefits: Recycling bottle caps can create jobs in the recycling industry and generate revenue for recycling companies.
To recycle bottle caps, they must be separated from the bottle and sorted by material type. Plastic bottle caps are typically made of polypropylene (PP) or high-density polyethylene (HDPE). The caps are then processed and turned into new products, such as plastic lumber as our donation.
Activity 3: Carbon Offset
Carbon offsetting refers to efforts to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases such as CO2 that cannot be avoided in daily life and economic activities. The idea is to make up for the greenhouse gas emissions by investing in activities to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Retec’s bases are also taking measures such as setting air conditioner temperature guidelines and turning off lights during break times. Even in your daily life, please try to act within a reasonable range to reduce CO2 emissions as much as possible.
Activity 4: MRC Regional Cleaning Program
Efforts to contribute to local communities・Local beautification activities
At Retec Moriguchi Center, we are working to contribute to the local community through beautification activities around our office.
As a provider of reduce, reuse, and recycle solutions, we believe that cleaning and beautifying local communities is our social responsibility as an environmentally conscious company.
In addition, we will continue to actively engage in activities that contribute to the local community, with the aim of communicating with the community and becoming a community-based company. From January 2023, it will be held on the first and third Mondays from 9:00 to 10 minutes. The first session is January 16th.
Activity 5: Paperless
Paperless activity in a Re-Teck Co., Ltd. refers to the practice of minimizing or eliminating the use of paper in business processes and operations. This can be achieved by adopting digital solutions, such as electronic documents, online forms, and digital signatures, to replace paper-based processes.
The benefits of a paperless office are numerous, including:
- Cost savings: Going paperless reduces the need for paper, printing, and storage equipment, resulting in cost savings on supplies, maintenance, and storage space.
- Improved efficiency: Digital documents can be easily created, stored, and retrieved, enabling faster and more accurate processing of information. This can also reduce errors and duplication of work.
- Increased security: Electronic documents can be secured with encryption and access controls, reducing the risk of data breaches and unauthorized access.
- Better environmental sustainability: Reducing paper usage can help reduce a company’s carbon footprint and contribute to a more sustainable business practice.
Activity 6: In-house Self-development Seminar
Once every two months, we hold lectures at all of our bases in Japan via Skype in order to share the knowledge and skills that each employee possesses with other employees and to create opportunities for education. Employees whose lectures are related to their work are required to attend, but any employee can attend. Employees also act as instructors, creating an environment where they can grow together by not only understanding themselves but also teaching others.
The SDGs have become a framework for Li Tong Group and a guide for Re-Teck Co., Ltd. to work towards a more sustainable future for all.